|Date||Saturday 21st May 2022|
|Location||Greater Sydney, NSW|
Great Adventure Challenge Pricing (Team of 8)
|Standard Entry||$2,150 per team + GST = $2,365|
Registrations close midnight 18th May 2022.
|Fundraising Target||As part of this challenge each team fund raises for the Starlight Children’s Foundation. Teams raise on average $8,000 each which goes directly to brightening the lives of seriously ill children in Australia.|
|Teams||8 people per team – 4 team members will race on course at all times, with the remaining team members acting as support crew. Team member substitutions are allowed but only at designated points on course. Each team must have at least one team member of the opposite sex (for mixed teams) on the course at all times.|
|Team Registration Time Bonus||For teams that have paid in full and registered all 8 team members by 9 April 2022 you will receive a time bonus of 30 minutes on race day!|
Included in the team’s registration fee:
- Invitation to the Information Evening.
- Invitation to the training day covering navigation and event specific disciplines.
- A Starlight liaison person to help and support your fundraising activities.
- Regular communication from the GAC team and Starlight with updates and support.
- Marquee, table, chairs and cool box with sport drinks for your team at the event centre location.
- Maps, kayaks, race vests, one compasses per team, one emergency blanket per team, four whistles per team and one basic first aid kit per team.
- Race pack full of goodies from our sponsors.
- End of race meal and beer!
- Experienced and professionally run event with marshals, first aid and safety support.
- Photos of the team on the course.
In order to enter and compete in the event, competitors will need to have a basic level of fitness and navigational skills.
You also need to be able to meet the team’s participation fee and fundraising target.
Max Adventure is covered by its own public liability insurance. This does not include personal accident insurance. It is strongly recommended to take out your own personal accident and ambulance cover for the event. Your private health insurance policy may include this, but you will need to check with them. All competitors are required to agree to the waiver when entering online.
Refunds and Cancellations
Entry cancellations can be made up to one month before the event date when a refund (less 20% administration fee) will be made. Refunds will not be given after this date. Please send requests for refund in writing to Mark. If the event has to be cancelled due to weather conditions, natural disaster, acts of god, terrorism, war or any other reason so deemed by the organisers, the event will be rescheduled where possible and no refunds will be issued. All withdrawals must be confirmed in writing before a refund will be issued.
Any fundraising money donated through online pages or offline donations directly to our Charity Partners before time of cancellation, will not be refunded.
Postponement due to COVID-19
If the Great Adventure Challenge is not able to proceed on the 21st May 2022 due to ongoing restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic the event will be postponed to later in 2022. Entrants should take this into consideration when entering.
If the event is postponed all existing entrants will have their entry automatically transferred to the new event date.