For reasons of fairness, safety and overall responsibility you are expected to abide by the following rules.
Remember, ignorance is no excuse and failure to comply may lead to penalties or disqualification.
What is it – Race Basics
- Each team consists of 8 members, which must include at least one person from the opposite sex for mixed teams. We suggest two team members of the opposite sex for mixed teams so that one of them does not have to be on the course all the time (race all legs).
- At any one time there will be 4 team members (including one of the opposite sex for mixed teams) on the course whilst the remaining 4 will act as “support crew”.
- At transitions, the teams recharge, review strategy and rotate who is on the course and who is in the support crew.
- The support crew’s role is to be ready at transition points, prepare food to sustain the team, manage the gear and clothing and importantly motivate and support their team mates.
General rules (common to all legs)
- Show respect for the environment, landowners, local communities and other recreational users
- Stay on formed trails, tracks or roads
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are wearing or carrying the appropriate kit for each stage!
- Make sure you are carrying water (min 2 litres) with you at all times
- Race vests must be worn by the four team members participating in the current leg of the race
- There must be at least one team member of the opposite sex for mixed teams on the course at all times
- Teams members must stay within 100m of each other at all times
- Assistance is only allowed at designated Transition Areas by support crews
- Notify the Event Medic of any significant medical history (e.g. asthma, diabetes etc)
- Always take your litter with you
- Hand in your timing stick at the end of the race, or if not continuing
- GPS’s are prohibited
- Cooperate with event officials – Kit may be checked at any time
- Weather conditions may affect some stages
- Winners will be determined by the fastest time plus any penalties – the Event Director’s decision is final!
Specific discipline rules
- Competitors must wear their life jacket when on or near the water (Toyboy II sit-on-top kayak, Life jacket, Paddles provided by the event organisers)
- Race bibs must be worn over your life jacket for the kayak leg (penalties apply). You may wear your camelbak on top of them
- Competitors must wear enclosed shoes
Mountain Bike Leg
- Only ride on designated mountain bike trails and roads
- Participants to ensure that the Mountain bike and Bike helmet they supply for the event, are all in working order
- Participants to carry a bike repair kit and tools to repair any punctures whilst on course
You are expected to look after yourself and your team mates. Use your whistle to attract attention only in an emergency. There will be several first aiders in attendance throughout the event, overseen by an overall appointed medic. There will be marshals out on the course with radios/phones.
Please note you will be riding on public roads open to other traffic. There will be no road closures for the event so please ensure you obey all road rules.